Thursday, December 15, 2011

Dreams and Milestones

I've been thinking a lot about dreams lately.

When my first marriage ended, it was the loss of all the dreams I'd had that left me mourning the most.

And it was the establishment of new dreams that helped me heal the most, and helped me find myself again.

...........

Steven and I recently marked 3 1/2 years of marriage. Something that seems so insignificant, yet....

I recently read an article about a study that had shown that the 7-year itch is actually a myth, or at least a thing of the past. Great news, except for the fact that the study revealed a "3-yr glitch" Apparently the majority of divorces occur within the first 3 1/2 years after marriage. A fact I found particularly intriguing since I walked out the door of my first marriage for the last time 3 1/2 years, almost to the exact day. They say that's how long it takes for the lovey-dovey blinders to come off and for all those traits that were once endearing to finally drive you to the point of leaving.

As always you can read the rest of my ramblings here.

No comments: